Structural Engineer (CA) #2386, Civil Engineer (CA
Rick Ransom has over 27 years of experience in the structural engineering field. Prior to joining W.M. Brooks, Inc. in 1983, he was Chief Structural Engineer and Deputy Director of Public Works for the City of Fresno where he was responsible for the operation of the Structural Plan Check Division and the 65 member Inspection Division. Rick was appointed to Vice President at W.M. Brooks, Inc. in 1985 and the company became Brooks Ransom Associates in 1993 with Rick assuming the role of President in 1996. He currently manages the business, while maintaining close contact with many clients.
Rick has expert knowledge in the various building codes and in an immense variety of building materials and building types. His knowledge of building materials spans all of those commonly used since 1900, which enables him to "hit the ground" running for both retrofit and new building projects. Rick provides key leadership to a design team by quickly visualizing systems and isolating concerns in order to move toward appropriate and economical design solutions in the early stages of a project. Having begun his career as part of a major building department, he is able to anticipate and incorporate the requirements of regulatory agencies well in advance of design document submittal.
While Rick has done extensive design work in all areas of practice within the firm, he has more recently focused on the seismic study of Grandstands, forensic investigation and reporting, expert witness, and analysis and design for retrofit of Historic Structures. Rick is known by his clients to be the engineer-of-choice for specialized projects and difficult structural systems.
B.S. Civil Engineering, Fresno State, 1977
With Brooks Ransom Associates since 1983, with others 10 years
- Structural Engineers Association of California (SEAOC)
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- State of California Office of Emergency Services, Disaster Response Team
- Guarantee Towers and Parking Structure, Fresno, CA
- CFET Flight Trainer Stress Analysis & Foundation Study, Department of the Navy, LNAS, Lemoore, CA
- Disaster Response Team (FEMA) Coalinga Earthquake, Coalinga, CA
- Disaster Response Team (FEMA) Loma Prieta Earthquake, Bay Area, CA
- Old Fresno Water Tower Historic Restoration, Fresno, CA
- SCR, Marsh Landing CA
- Kendall Jackson Winery, Soledad, CA
- California Speedway, Fontana, CA
- Various & Countinuos Projects at Sun-Maid California Growers, Kingsburg, CA
- Valley Children's Hospital, Fresno, CA Multiple Projects
- Ruiz Frozen Foods, Dinuba, CA